Leveraging WebRTC and the Web Application Messaging Protocol (WAMP), Viinex middleware offers an edge-based video management approach that ensures remote access without reliance on cloud-based solutions. This technology combination provided by Viinex middleware offers a range of benefits and functionalities for IoT devices and applications.
WebRTC is a protocol that enables real-time and HTML5-compatible video streaming, providing data security through standard encryption methods for handshaking (DTLS) and secure video streaming (SRTP) with built-in peer-to-peer (P2P) features. More information about the WebRTC protocol is available on our blog page.
WAMP, an open application-level protocol, promotes decoupled communication patterns and efficient message routing. It incorporates remote procedure calls and a pub-sub model. Through WAMP, Viinex middleware facilitates WebRTC signaling and empowers external software clients to execute commands via Viinex’s exposed HTTP API. This includes managing middleware configurations to add or delete IP cameras, switch video streams, or select the archive timeline for playback. It also enables the client applications to receive surveillance messages, such as video analytics or I/O events.
Importantly, WAMP support simplifies network setup requirements, eliminating the need for VPN or port forwarding in edge environments. The combination of WAMP and WebRTC protocols enables seamless control and messaging capabilities, and direct P2P video streaming, bypassing data centers and optimizing traffic flow.
Summary of Viinex WAMP and WebRTC support offering multiple benefits for IoT applications:
- Ready-to-use functionality: Viinex provides an embedded solution for essential remote video surveillance features in IoT devices and applications, encompassing HTML5 video streaming, event messaging, remote control, and administration, all without requiring cloud services implementation.
- Zero network setup: Decoupled communication without the need for complex network configurations on the edge.
- P2P support: Video streaming enabled through peer-to-peer technology, allowing direct streaming from video servers to web clients and bypassing data centers.
- Security: Encryption methods for communication and video streaming ensure data protection.
- Easy integration: The middleware designed for straightforward integration into software applications using the HTTP API, with WAMP being language-independent and supported by numerous open libraries for client and router implementations.
In essence, Viinex middleware provides a comprehensive technology stack of essential features for implementing video surveillance on the edge, eliminating the need for cloud deployment. For more information on the WAMP and WebRTC protocols, please visit our blog.