Viinex Inc., a corporation registered in Delaware and conducting operations in California (with the business address of 2108 N Street, Suite 5635, Sacramento, CA 95816), together with its affiliates and other related entities (collectively referred to herein as “Viinex,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) operates several services, including but not limited to the https://viinex.com website and other affiliated sites: https://viinex.atlassian.net, https://keys.viinex.com, https://demo.viinex.com, and https://cloud.viinex.com (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Services”).
Our Role and Operations
Viinex Inc. functions as a software developer specializing in video management middleware. We offer our products and services to commercial entities, or “Clients,” under the terms and conditions specified in a mutual contract.
Data Collection: How We Gather Information About You
Viinex acquires data from multiple sources to provide our Services and manage our website, www.viinex.com. Individuals interacting with our website or Services may be classified as either a “Visitor” or a “User,” defined as follows:
- “A “Visitor” refers to an individual, other than a User, who interacts with the public area of our website but lacks access to the website’s restricted areas.
- A “User” refers to an employee, agent, or representative of a Client who primarily uses the restricted areas of our website to access our Services.
Our website and Services, are divided into two main areas:
- The “Restricted Area,” which is only accessible to Users and requires login credentials for access.
- The “Public Area,” which is accessible to both Users and Visitors without the need to login.
We implement this categorization to ensure the right level of access and service to different categories of individuals interacting with our Services, and to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of Client information.
Visitor Data Collection
We may process specific data related to your use of our website, www.viinex.com. This data, which your browser transmits each time you visit our site, might include details such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the navigation paths on the site, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on particular pages, and other statistics.
Please be assured that all Visitor data is in non-identifiable form. We do not use this information to identify Visitors personally. To safeguard your data, we implement protective measures for the technical information processed through our use of Google Analytics.
User Data Collection
As a User of our Services, we typically don’t process your data directly. We handle User data on behalf of our Clients, with whom you maintain a relationship, and primarily use such data for providing our Services. The source of User data is our Clients.
We collect information about our Client representatives (Users) during the sign-up or login process. In the course of using our Services, we may request certain identifiable information (such as a User’s email) that can be employed to contact or identify our Client’s representatives. We do not require any other personal information from our Clients and Users. Please refrain from providing any additional personal data. The User data may be processed for purposes such as providing our Technical service (viinex.atlassian.net) or License service (keys.viinex.com), and communicating with you as a representative of our Client. Upon registration with our Services, Users receive an immediate email notification.
We may store log file information that your browser sends when you visit our Services. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, geo-location, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and User identity (email).
Users may store or upload User data into our Services (either directly or with the assistance of a third party) for the benefit of utilizing the tools and services we provide. Each Client is responsible for informing its representatives and third parties about the purpose of the Client’s collection of their Personal Data and how this Personal Data is processed in or through the Service as part of Client Data.
We may process User data that:
- You post for publication on our Services.
- Is contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding licenses and/or services, including purchases of licenses and obtaining relevant technical notifications.
We utilize our Client’s User data for the purpose of:
- Providing the Services we offer to our Clients. We will use the email provided during the registration process to send a welcome email, billing and license information, relevant technical notifications, and updates. These messages are not promotional in nature.
- Delivering the purchased licenses and/or services and maintaining accurate records of those transactions.
- Safeguarding Service functionality and fulfilling a contract between Clients and us.
- Properly protecting our business against risks and establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We employ “cookies” to gather information and track aggregate site usage metrics, including total visitor numbers, pages viewed, and tracking your activities on www.viinex.com and the Services. This data may be processed to monitor and improve www.viinex.com and the Service.
Cookies are small files containing data, potentially including an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are dispatched from a website to your browser and stored on your device. These cookies are allocated to the browser you’re using and are employed to transmit certain information back to the site that installed the cookie. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
We may gather information about you from third parties and sources beyond the Service, such as our Client. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Data that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as Client data in line with this Policy.
We may use your email address to send newsletters to you. We respect your privacy, and you have the option to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
We may employ third party companies to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. However, please bear in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage method is is 100% secure. We endeavor to employ commercially reasonable methods to safeguard your personal information, but we cannot assure its absolute security.
Please note that we do not have control over, and therefore cannot assume responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services. Your interaction with these sites will be governed by the policies and practices set by these third parties.
California Privacy Rights
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions as permitted by law.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Please note that Viinex Inc. does not sell personal information.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request a copy of the specific personal information we collected about you during the 12 months before your request.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Authorized Agent: You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity before accepting such a request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In accordance with California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), residents of California who have an established business relationship with us have the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing via email at: email@example.com
This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this section.
Children’s Online Privacy
Our Services do not address anyone below work permit age. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of our Services is directed to children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Data where required to do so by law or subpoena.